Human Resources Manager (Burlington, MA)
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Human Resources/Health and Safety
Contract Type: Full Time
G4S Region: Americas
G4S Business Unit:Secure Solutions
Closing Date: January 21, 2013
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Manager of Human Resources. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall management of human resources aspects of the area/branch office, to include applicant flow, the hiring/termination process, personnel records, background investigations, group insurance administration and monthly reconciliation, workers’ compensation, state licensing, unemployment claims, Affirmative Action planning. This position takes complaints concerning discrimination, sexual harassment, and workplace harassment and provides investigative assistance when necessary in such matters. Provides guidance and support for supervision concerning employee relations and disciplinary action. Ensures compliance with corporate policies and applicable federal, state and local laws.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Direct supervision of applicable administrative and specialist positions and/or duties (e.g., applicant flow and hiring, unemployment and workers compensation reporting, benefits administration).
- Affirmative Action Program compliance and planning. Oversight of all recruiting, selection, and placement processes. Implement corrective actions as needed.
- Take complaints concerning discrimination, sexual harassment, and workplace harassment and provide investigative assistance when necessary in such matters; provide guidance and support for supervision concerning employee relations and disciplinary action.
- Ensure overall contract compliance regarding employee basic and preferred qualifications, screening, training and licensing.
- Ensure compliance with company HR policies and applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in human resources-related field
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting up to 10 pounds, and limited stretching and reaching
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace