Operations Manager (Portland, OR)
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $50000 - $55000
G4S Region: North America
G4S Business Unit:US Secure Solutions
Closing Date: May 24, 2017
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an experienced security manager with a background in security. As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the General Manager in the development, operations, and profitability of all physical security services within the assigned geographical territory of the designated area office through the application of sound business, financial and human resources management practices.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Provide supervision to Area Supervisors (e.g., oversee customer relations, ensure Physical Security Surveys and post orders are updated regularly, review disciplinary actions for consistency and propriety).
- Oversee the staffing and scheduling for security officers (e.g., review payroll and billing for accuracy).
- Ensure that contract-required training and screening elements for security personnel have been met; quality assurance and contract compliance.
- Inventory and purchase all G4S equipment.
- Coordinate with Human Resources personnel on recruiting efforts.
- Maintain overtime to a preset requirement designated by G4S.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Work experience showing aptitude for assisting in the operational management of a large semi-independent business enterprise.
- While not required, prior law enforcement, corrections, military police, Criminal Justice degree, or retired military is a plus!
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use; standing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en-US/Site%20Tools/Contact%20us/