Payroll Specialist (Riverside, CA)
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $17.50 - $17.50
G4S Region: North America
G4S Business Unit:US Secure Solutions
Closing Date: May 19, 2017
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Payroll Specialist. As a Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for timely and accurate processing of payroll related data, interfacing with employees and branch offices regarding all payroll matters, and assisting in other payroll processing tasks within the department.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Ensure accurate entry and posting of weekly labor and non-labor items into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), direct deposit review and submission, research and review payroll discrepancies and submit corrections via HRIS as applicable
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in payroll, accounting, or other related field
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Proficient skills in payroll applications such as the PeopleSoft Human Resources and Time and Labor Entry (Labor Scheduling System)
- Excellent skills in mathematics, reading comprehension, and oral and written communication
- Working knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other employment related laws
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en-US/Site%20Tools/Contact%20us/