Project Manager - FT (Milwaukee, WI)
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $55000 - $65000
G4S Region: Americas
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: February 14, 2017
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Project Manager. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned client facilities. Generally, the Project Manager will provide support to the area office and site supervisors, and ensure contract compliance by regularly inspecting and auditing each facility assigned to the area as well as ensuring appropriate staffing. The Project Manager is the primary point-of-contact for all matters relating to each area facility and coordinates closely with all operational, management, and administrative sections of the area office. The project manager must have a commitment to community and public relations.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Primary liaison between G4S Secure Solutions USA and client senior management
- General Operations management; review post orders and make recommendations to corporate security when updates should be considered; review daily log reports and provides pass downs as required; responsible for officers meeting company standards pertaining to quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all company policies and procedures including worldwide business standards and Key Performance Indicators (KPI); conducts required/dedicated site assessments to ensure compliance and provides recommendation on operations, policy and technology applications to plant management
- General Human Resources management; participate in selection and placement, conduct performance reviews, manage attendance, and conflict resolution; scheduling; as required
- Review alarm system open/close reports, compile exception reports and forward to appropriate security manager/operations manager for review
- Provide monthly report to the facilities and corporate security organizations detailing all pertinent activities that have occurred in the previous month concerning any security and safety issues
- Administer G4S Safety Program; semi-annual review and revise the security Emergency Response plan; monitors compliance with regulatory and fire prevention requirements and safety items
- Participate in bi-weekly management meetings providing feedback and suggestions in regards to safety and security
- Ensures the correct and consistent administration of the client contract
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be licensed as an unarmed and armed security officer in the State of Wisconsin
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of security-related experience in a supervisory capacity (security, law enforcement, corrections, or military)
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, working in extreme temperatures may be necessary
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.