Traditional Security Officer Guard (Crafton, PA)
Number of Positions: 1
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $11.50 - $11.50
G4S Region: North America
G4S Business Unit:US Secure Solutions
Closing Date: May 11, 2017
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Traditional Security Officer. As a Traditional Security Officer, you will will secure critical infrastructure equipment at a fixed post location. The Security Officer will maintain access control to the equipment area utilizing a list of authorized personnel until an electronic process is in place. The Security Officer will document all attempted and actual breeches to the equipment site and forward the information to the client designated manager. The Security Officer will remain in contact with other posts on the site location via radio communication but will not leave the assigned location unless an authorized relief is available.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle.
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or calls police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Maintain access control to client equipment and document all attempted and actual breeches
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensures that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigates and prepares reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities; maintain written logs as required by the post
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any state-required training or other qualifications for licensing
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en-US/Site%20Tools/Contact%20us/